As relevant today as in our past lives, ritual and food have a long and healthy relationship. Put a spark of light into your baking this weekend by making a spiritual prosperity cake.
The coolness of the winter months is upon us already, and with the lighting of fires and snuggling in warm winter woollies comes the desire for hearty, comfort foods. Sometime ago I came across this wonderful recipe from spiritual baker extraordinaire Anne Smith, and I can tell you that, from experience, it works! The cake itself is heavy and hearty, the perfect treat for these cooler months.
Anne suggests, and rightly so, that before you start baking you should create a sacred space and cleanse your kitchen. This can be achieved by chiming tingsha bells in each corner of your kitchen. Follow up by calling upon four of the Archangels. Archangel Michael in the north, Archangel Raphael in the south, Archangel Uriel in the east and Archangel Gabriel in the west. Request the Archangels be with you as you set the intention for your cake. You can ask that they assist you with easing any money problems you may be facing, or to help you manifest improved financial conditions in your life.
Next Anne suggests that you place all the ingredients on your workbench and close your eyes. Then visualise connection with the Universe and being filled with love. Imagine beautiful healing light flowing from the top of your head down towards your heart chakra and flowing out of your arms and hands. When your hands feel warm and tingly open your eyes and trust that the Universe will answer your intention and that positive energy has been sent to the ingredients.
Anne suggests that Reiki is good to perform over the ingredients. If you are familiar with Reiki, Anne suggests Honshazeshonen followed by Selheki and Chokurei, removing emotional blocks, adding balance and empowering your ingredients.
Cinnamon and Carrot Money Cake
As you bake, say aloud the following mantra:
Money comes to me, flows to me, goes to me,
Money comes from known and unknown sources
Money fills me with happiness and joy
I open my arms to receive abundance now.
Thank you Universe, thank you.
- Butter for greasing
- 250g soft brown sugar
- 250ml sunflower oil
- 4 large eggs, beaten
- 2 large carrots, grated
- 150g sultanas
- 250g self raising flour
- 1tsp baking powder
- 4tsp ground cinnamon
- 1tsp nutmeg
- grated rind of 1 orange
For the Icing:
- 250g soft cream cheese
- 700g icing sugar
- Juice of 2 limes
- Ground cinnamon, edible glitter, cinnamon sticks, chocolate to decorate
- Preheat the oven to 180C Grease a 20cm x 30cm loose bottomed cake tin and line with greaseproof paper.
- Mix the sugar and the oil in a large bowl then whisk in the eggs. Add the carrots and sultanas. Gradually fold in the flour, baking powder, cinnamon and nutmeg.
- Stir in the orange rind and as you do visualise it as golden wealth going into the cake batter. Stir and repeat the mantra then spoon into the tin and bake for 45minutes. Remove from the oven and leave to cool.
- To make the icing, mix together cream chees, sugar and limejuice until stiff then spread over the cooled cake. Dust with ground cinnamon and glitter and decorate with cinnamon sticks and chocolate (buttons are good because they look like coins).
Note: This recipe is reproduced from the Spirit and Destiny Magazine UK December 2012 edition and is the intellectual property of Anne Smith.
I trust that you will enjoy both the baking ritual and the wonderful results you get from this cake. It tastes amazing too!!!