- Weight loss
- Quit Smoking
- Performance Enhancement
- Bad Habits
- Therapeutic Stress Reduction
What is hypnosis?
Hypnosis is a natural state of mind that everyone experiences everyday. It’s that state of mind when you are so engrossed in a great book, movie or television show that you don’t hear the other person when they speak to you. Its that deeply relaxed state you pass through just before you fall asleep. This is a naturally occurring trance state.
The legal definition of hypnosis is:
- Hypnosis is the bypass of the critical faculty
- the accepting of selective thinking, thoughts, concepts and ideas that is OK by you and consistent with your values.
- altering a persons belief or reality through suggestion.
How does hypnosis work?
The mind is made up of two separate states, the conscious mind and the unconscious or sub-conscious mind. The conscious mind being the alert, logical mind that is dominant in our waking state and the unconscious mind which is out of our awareness most of the time. The unconscious mind is critical in keeping our body alive by ensuring that the body continues to operate its systems while our conscious mind is solving problems and performing conscious actions.
The conscious mind is:
– Analytical – Sequential – Cognitive – Limited Focus – Directs outcomes – Controls thinking – Waking – Logical – Deliberate
Our Unconscious mind is:
– Unlimited – Expansive – Active while sleeping and dreaming – Simultaneous – Feeling – Responsible for involuntary movements – Knows solutions to problems we cannot solve consciously – Intuitive
Hypnosis appeals to the unconscious mind to assist the conscious mind to eliminate negative mindsets and habits. Hypnosis is an excellent healing tool suitable for many emotional, physical and spiritual issues. It is also an excellent modality for inducing a deep relaxation state which greatly assists in the reduction of stress.